Getting A New BW Tank Started

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

azn_fishy55

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am going to start a BW tank(when they fix my room which will be in about 1 or 2 months) with 8 Bumble Bee Gobies, 8 Unknown Species of Gobies( at the LFS I saw them at they were labeled "clown" gobies and were kept with the bumble bee gobies), and 4 Indian Glassfish. I will be using a 30 gallon tank(is that too small? Please tell me if it is) with a Fluval canister fiter. The substrate will be crushed aragonite and there will be some plastic plants and some driftwood. The problem with it is that I don't know how to cycle the tank and what to feed them. For cycling the tank the LFS said to use BIO-Spira but should I use FW or SW for BW. And for feeding the fish I thought I could use Live Brine Shrimp but they lack nutrition, so anybody with bumble bee gobies and glass fish...what is nutritous for them that they can eat?Thanks in Advance!!!

It is said by some that bumblebee gobies will eat only live food, but mine weren't that picky. I feed them frozen bloodworms. They seem to do pretty well on them. They won't go near flake food though.

So it will be okay to feed frozen blood worms but what about live foods. Water Fleas are good as I read on a website but they are hard to obtain live ones. So are there any ways to "gut-pack" brine shrimp. Also will it be okay to feed live black worms through a worm feeder cone?

I would like to change the species plan. Would it be okay to house 8 bumble bee gobies with 4 green puffer fish? I heard the puffer fish are aggressive but I see them more at the fish store more than glass fish. Do you think this is okay?

Back
Top Bottom