hello all, im new here I have ? on No2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Redsoxfan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I just did a 15 gallon change in my 55gallon as well as a gravel clean
my ? is I have very very low ammonia but no2 is very high water was cloudy last nite but is clear a a whistle now ph is perfect

whats the deal with no2 am I in trouble? or just a mini cycle?

thanks for any help oh yeah tank is a yr old so it has been great
upto this.

Joe

Did you change the filter media, do a full gravel vac, and/or clean all decorations? If you do 2 or all of these things it will kill a lot of the nitrifying bacteria and can cause a mini cycle. If you clean nearly everything it's probably even possible for a whole new cycle. Oh, did you use any meds? That could also kill the bacteria off.

cleaned about 80 % of gravel no to the filter change and have live plants so all I did there was pluck the dead parts of the plants. but you are prob right thats what happend I hope it does not need to do a whole new cycle. oh no meds.

should I try that stuff that helps tanks cycle Not sure what its called but it is supposed to help the bacteria?

thanks for your reply

Joe

bio spira is what you are talking about...not sure if it is applicable here...i'll let someone else answer that...

a redsoxfan in new york...are you the sequel to "A tree grows in Brooklyn"

Mario

I use a product called "Cycle" myself to help in bacteria creation.

J-F

well, I wish I never moved here from west of boston, it is sooooooo
expensive to live on long island it is just ridiculous.

GO REDSOX repeat baby repeat......WOOOO WHOOOO.... 8)

Back
Top Bottom