Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

johnlucky5

Aquarium Advice Regular
In my 16 gallon can I have
5 glo lights
10 neon tetras
2 Corys
And be ok if I do water chances every week?

I think that's just good. But corys need to be in a group of not less than five, they are very sociable animals. And I hope you can provide them a good substrate, they are really playful.

Keep up with water changes, it's very important :)

Yea but if I do five that's going to be too much... :( I would if I could, the two I have are loving the tank there both swimming around and sucking on all the plants. I think there happy. And cool good to here, I can get my neon in like a week!!! Should I add the whole school at the same time?

No no don't.
Maybe try one-half of the school at a time. I guess it's for the bacteria colony to adjust. I've read that tetras are susceptible to diseases.(one is the neon tetra disease, scary).So I think it's just proper to give them optimum health :)

Anyway(fellow members please correct me if I'm wrong) I think you can still add two more corydoras in there.Especially if they are of the smaller species.
My (safer) suggestion though, is to reduce 2 from your tetras and add 2 corys :)
Corys are playful fish and maybe you'll like their behavior.
It's just a suggestion though, it's still up to you.
Anyway, what kind of glofish are those? Are they danios?
And are your plants live?

So I guess it won't hurt that much to add two more cories?Especially if your substrate is cory friendly :)

I hope someone else here has other opinions.
But one thing's for sure, keep up with water changes!

But hey, I'm not really sure about that one okie? All i'm sure is that cories need a group :)

So if you want, you can reduce some neon tetras to add room for cories but again, it's just a suggestion.

Well, Goodluck on your aquarium :)

Personally I would go with one school of tetras and the school of corys. IMO your stocking list is pretty maxed for a 15 without adding the proper amount of cory. +1 to having a friendly substrate as pollex said :)

Back
Top Bottom