Help in rock stacking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pollex.jaypee

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm not really that good with aquascaping. So please, can anyone suggest a better rock-stacking pattern?
It's for an mbuna tank.

(Pardon the lights, i'm experimenting :lol: )

Attachments

• 20141026_152554.jpg
    20141026_152554.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 119
That looks very man made. Try sort of just dumping them in and arranging them to have caves. Build up one corner against the glass, something so it's not symmetrical.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

There are some great websites, which I unfortunately cannot find ...

But can you tell us what the dimensions of your tank are?

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

A rule of thirds could serve you well. Pairs and symmetry look odd. Proportion is everything.

There are too many rocks IMO.

I'd leave the stack on the right, but tilt the peaking rock in the other direction if possible.

Then imagine a triangle with that right peak ... Extend each leg of the triangle to the corner of the tank.

Then take out most of what you have put on the left, and make it more irregular. It should sort of complete the one big triangle.

That's the best I can explain without drawing or knowing the dimensions of the tank, lol.

The right stack should be more to the back and the left more to the front. Imagine a similar triangle from above.

And it should look pretty accidental.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Right side looks decent left is too man made. Also as a post above stated go by rule of thirds.

No need to keep middle open. If it was me I'd leave left low middle medium height and right side high.

Back
Top Bottom