Help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Queenie11

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 20 gallon tank and I want to put in a school of glofish a school of xray tetras 1 a flagfish 2 snails 2 shrimp 1 topsail platy and 1 pineapple platy what do u think? Too much? please let me know

What kind of filtration do you have? Is it a 20 long or high?

The Flagfish need a group of at least 3 and the glofish and tetra schools of at least 6 each. You could probably do it, especially if you have extra filtration and keep up with regular weekly water changes of at least 40%, but that would make you fully stocked (maybe even slightly over, but not hugely overstocked). A 20 gal long might be better for the glofish as they need a lot of swim room. So if it's a 20 high and you do everything except the Glofish, that would be perfect. Also don't forget to cycle the tank first. :)

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yah it's long what do you mean by extra filtration? I have a filter if that is what your asking.

What do you suggest as a snail? I want 2 if possible

What kind of filter? And for snails most people love apple snails and mystery snails

What's the differnce between the snails? I don't remember what kind of filter I got.

Also I don't think my LFS has any of these fish, they might have the glofish, snails, and the shrimp perhaps the xray (I really don't know) but they mostly have goldfish bettas and tetras. And the second nearest store is petco and they hardly have any fish, and none of the ones I want. so where do you suggest is the best website to buy the fish over?

Some people run two filters on their tanks, like me. :) I have an AquaClear 20 HOB and an internal Fluval U2. Double the filtration required for your tank is good and will only help. Not overly necessary of course, but like I said, can't hurt.

I have two Horned Nerite Zebra snails and really like them.

As for fish online, you could try LiveAquaria. Just check the ratings from the sellers you want to buy from and check their comments from other buyers, make sure they're reputable. Severum Mama and HN1 here on AA sell fish too and they're fish are very high quality. I got my snails and 5 Panda Corys from them and it was great.

Back
Top Bottom