High pH due to Calcium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bcutajar

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there i just got a 2nd hand tank about a month ago in which i plan to use as my quarantine tank. Ive washed the tank and scrubbed a sort of white substance off the tank with a brush and tap water. I filled it up ready to cycle and had a pH of 6.4 after 7 hours i returned home to find the tank all cloudy and with a pH of 7.8. The tank i barebottom and literally only has a submergable filter in it. Im wondering what's going on could it be calcium i haven't removed properly as i know the previous owner had African cichlids.

Any response will help thankyou

Water Chemistry

Hi there i just got a 2nd hand tank about a month ago in which i plan to use as my quarantine tank. Ive washed the tank and scrubbed a sort of white substance off the tank with a brush and tap water. I filled it up ready to cycle and had a pH of 6.4 after 7 hours i returned home to find the tank all cloudy and with a pH of 7.8. The tank i barebottom and literally only has a submergable filter in it. Im wondering what's going on could it be calcium i haven't removed properly as i know the previous owner had African cichlids.

Any response will help thankyou

Hello bc...

Don't worry about the pH. It isn't important at this point. There are no fish. How do you plan to cycle it?

B

Back
Top Bottom