How do you now when your tank is cycled

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

baustin12017

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am super super confused on how you know when your tank is cycled please give me advice i will except any:confused::confused::confused:

You'll know when its cycled when you have a consistent reading of 0ppm ammonia and 0ppm nitrite. Nitrate levels will vary based on bioload, whether its planted or not, and how often you change the water (<60ppm is fine, <20 is optimal).

i only have amonia test kit and ph and i am flat brook from starting the tank

Well you won't know for sure then. You really need to get a nitrite and nitrate test kit if you plan to responsibly keep a fish tank.

Until you're able to buy a master test kit I would advise you to do at least a 25-30% PWC daily, and even more if your fish look stressed, if you have fish. If you don't have fish it's not as important to have one until you are ready to add fish. But to add fish to a safe tank you will need a test kit to know for sure if your tank is cycled.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium

i got a nitrite test kit and for the past 2 days my tank has been at ammonia 0ppm and nitrite 0ppm

Back
Top Bottom