How old are my Goldfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JonnyG1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi Guys,

I'm a newbie here and was just wondering if there is anyway possible to tell the age of my goldfish..

I have one Shubunkin and 2 comet goldfish all of which are about 2.5-3 inches long..

Was just wondering if there was anyway to tell age by the size of a goldfish.

Thanks!

how fast a goldfish grows is determined by diet. I use the words how fast not how big! They keep growing and they get big. I keep my breeders growth rate to slow not stunted. With there babies I push for a very fast growth rate. My babies are double there parents size in 6 to 8 month or less. If you got them at a local LFS there probably a few month old. They grow fast Lg tank required. Extra filters REQUIRED. frequent water changes required with set treated water not out of the TAP. good luck with your fish.

What is set treated water?

Thanks for the help! I want to get them to grow lol

The goldfish you mentioned get really large. What size is your tank? If you're going to feed heavily to promote fast growth, which I don't recommend, you will have to step up your tank maintenance tremendously.

I don't recommend push feeding any tank goldfish. You will only end up with dead goldfish. Mine are all pooled raised. They have specialized diet per age. The food is all calculated out. My goldfish are for sale for ponds. I don't sell any goldfish for a fish tank. There is no way you can keep the water quality up in a tank by over feeding. Mine are not over fed just pushed. You can not do that in a tank.

I don't recommend push feeding any tank goldfish. You will only end up with dead goldfish. Mine are all pooled raised. They have specialized diet per age. The food is all calculated out. My goldfish are for sale for ponds. I don't sell any goldfish for a fish tank. There is no way you can keep the water quality up in a tank by over feeding. Mine are not over fed just pushed. You can not do that in a tank.

+1 agreed!

Back
Top Bottom