I am buying a vacuum! What kind is best ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camogirl28

Aquarium Advice Activist
Am buying a vacuum today at my local Petsmat . This will be my very first vacuum so any tips or opinions will be very helpful. I have a bow front 36 gal tropical community tank . Any advice or tips will be greatly appreciated.

I bought several types of vac, one of the cheaper ones attached to an air line and it was ok, I personally don't like the syphon vacs, so in the end I splashed out and bought an eheim power vac, and it's brilliant ... Worth every penny :)

Ok thank you !! Like I said this is my first ever vac and what're a good one . I will let you know the one I chose :)

Are you buying it just to vacuum the tank, or also to use with water changes?

For water changes/light vacuuming I use a Python No-Spill Clean and Fill. However the vacuuming power is not that great for us on this one so for vacuuming I have the aforementioned Eheim power vac which is pretty awesome. The Eheim power vac is not for water changing, it is solely for vacuuming gunk.

I ended up buying the Aqueon vacuum ( it looked like the I only one big enough) Thanks to everyone who gave tips and advice !!! :)

Back
Top Bottom