Is this weird?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Darylb

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just wondering I've seen so many people say that they have algae in there tanks and u normally get it I've had my tank up and running for about 8 months or so now and I've never had algae does it mean I have good water or is it pretty common not to see it?

Just wondering I've seen so many people say that they have algae in there tanks and u normally get it I've had my tank up and running for about 8 months or so now and I've never had algae does it mean I have good water or is it pretty common not to see it?

Don't question it!! I had a bio cube 29 run a year with NOT ONE issue, NOT ONE (knock on wood)

Just be thankful

Haha should have put a full stop haha the tank I maintain has heaps constantly

Oh ok... I got it now. YOUR tank is good. The tank YOU MAINTAIN has loads of algae. That stinks.

It's excessive nutrients... You probably know that already.

No I didn't haha it's at a child care centre and they have 5 gold fish in a 20 gal I'm trying to get the owner to change it over to tropical with like neon tetras and stuff

This is what it looked like half way thru draining to clean it

Attachments

• image-718033479.jpg
    image-718033479.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 81
Oh..you're the guy taking care of the aquarium for a school or daycare or something like that. They probably don't have a well maintained tank..it should get better the more you take care of it. You said they had goldfish and stuff in there, right?

They found the tank on the side of the road and decided to take it the day they set it up they put the fish in one black Moore died my biggest problem is because they were all donated already the owner hasn't had to pay a cent yet and she doesn't want to so I'm either going to have to pay for stuff or get it donated I'm not exactly on a good wage and I only just scrape by ATM

They found the tank on the side of the road and decided to take it the day they set it up they put the fish in one black Moore died my biggest problem is because they were all donated already the owner hasn't had to pay a cent yet and she doesn't want to so I'm either going to have to pay for stuff or get it donated I'm not exactly on a good wage and I only just scrape by ATM

If a LFS has a fish with ick or something you could ask for it for cheap and try to help recover it in the tank..otherwise put an ad in the paper or just have the kids go home to parents there parents and ask for donations..print a flyer out and have them give it to there parents about how this aquarium is doing and how it'll help and blah blah blah...parents would buy fish and decor and everything else for it I'm sure.

The fish aren't to bad it's just buying the heater and stuff I don't have any spares and my LFS charges an arm and a leg for them I will try get one soon I don't think my LFS would know if a fish has ick or not I have asked them before if a fish has had ick and they said that's how the fish is meant to look -_-

Check eBay! I got a bunch of 25w adustable heaters from china for like $5 a piece with cheap shipping.
I know a lot of the time people think that stuff on eBay from overseas is cheap and crap, which is true in most cases, but all the heaters I've bought from there have worked really well and I'm going on a couple months with having them in use with no problems

Okay ill have a look tonight I'm just worried that if something goes wrong and it over heats the tank I won't know till Saturday cos I only go in once a week to look after it

Plus, you might put out on Craigslist that you could use some donated supplies for a fish tank at the day care for the kids. People love to donate stuff for kids! At least they do here in my neck of the woods! Can't hurt anyway!

Back
Top Bottom