Just a quick note to anyone doing a fishless cycle...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boojumsnark25

Aquarium Advice Regular
GET SEED FROM ANOTHER TANK!

Seriously. I don't care what it takes to get some. Just do it. It will greatly, greatly, greatly (did i mention greatly?) speed up your cycle. I'm cycling a 55 gallon tank. Added 5ppm ammonia on Sunday, and on monday I added a very very very nasty filter pad from my 10 gallon (been a while since I changed it...) and Tonight (Wednesday), nitrites are already up past 1. I'm telling you, it's going to take a long time if you don't find seed. I know my LFS will give you gravel to cycle a tank, I'm pretty sure yours would too.

Just thought I'd add my .02 :D

As you look around the forum here, you'll see that the seed material, and it's quality, is obviously the key to a speedy cycle.

I wish I used some but I had a problem getting it. I don't mind waiting that much though because things seem to be moving smoothly.

and for those of us with mts, cycling is no problem ;) I have 9 tanks right now, setting up a new one and having it cycled within two weeks is no problem at all for me ;)

Looking back, that is probably why my tank didn't go through much of a cycle when i set my first one up. I bought it used, and the guy had fish in it all the way up to the point that i got it. All of the bacteria was still alive :D

Back
Top Bottom