Kuhli Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bluzepher1

Aquarium Advice Freak
Please tell me your experiences with KL. they look cool. I have a 55gal comm tank. Currently 10 fish. 5 zebra Danio and 5 harlequin rasboros. Substrate. Tahitian Moon, black.

Nice fish. A group is preferred as they are social. We fed ours frozen/thawed Brine and Bloodworms using a Turkey Baster to target feed the bottom fish. Ours learned to feed right off the baster , so it was easy to check their health and see them go crazy at feeding time.

They love sand, so your tank sounds great.

I have 14 kuhli loach great little guy's! Like bud said they're active little fish and definitely need company. Mine are out and about a lot, they eat anything i put in for them, flakes, shrimp pellets, frozen food, veg, fruit and mine really love live brine shrimp! They also like hiding spots mine hide under my driftwood and lounge in the plant's lol

GET THEM! They have to be my favorite fish, I'm going to have 7 in my 29 gallon, and I have 20 in my 55 gallon

Awesome fish, mine love racing up an down the sides if the tanks, playing in sand, and hiding in shells haha

They're my favorite fish ever! They have so much personality and their little faces just remind me of a curious puppy. Once they're comfortable in your tank they will go spastic when the lights go out at night:)

I had a bunch of live blackworms burrow into a planted terracotta pot (not the tiny lfs ones). When the kuhlis found out, it was ON! Lol they were all head down, tail up, digging for all they were worth.
I bought bought more live blackworms and put a spoonful on each of the other planted pots. They soon burrow in, and my cories go about hunting them as enthusiastically as my kuhlis.

Adding to this, get them, they're great! With a big enough group, during feeding time, they'll be all over.

Man, when I feed mine zucchini, they don't let the plecos get a piece! They push them away, I eventually have to put two pieces in my tank for them lol

I love mine. They are driving me nuts though with their dissapearing acts. A few days back I did a major rearrangement of the tank and when I took everything out I found only 3 out of my 6. I nervously took my filter apart and everything but found no traces of them. My nitrates were normal and the tank did not have any smell to it that would indicate something dead. Over the next few days I've seen 4 come out, then another day 2, then one day the 6 of them!, then they dissappear again. This was until I saw one come out of the sand like a submarine periscope, then go under again. That explained a whole lot. They are chubby so they seem to be getting their grub on. But I'm telling you they are trolling me with the tunneling and burrowing in the sand. One of my favorite freshwater fish of all time though, even though I've only had them for about a month I've grown fond of my little "trolly" snakes. :D

Back
Top Bottom