More rocks?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

derail

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking of adding some cichlids to my extra 30g tank (yellow labs) as the previous owners kept the same ones in it. I've attached a picture if what it looks like now. I've read they need swimming space, would it be appropriate to ads some more, maybe between the fake driftwood and current rock setup? Or are yellow labs a bad idea? My water is naturally hard with a high ph 8.4. Any suggestions highly appreciated!

ForumRunner_20120118_175647.jpg
The molly's will be moved to my other 30 btw

It looks pretty good but you can always add more rock!! I have 4 electric yellow labs also in a 55G. Anything else with the labs? How many ?? Labs do like caves though.

Yeah I'll try to make the caves, hardly any good rocks around to dio that with though. I'd like to add a cleaner like a pleco but I know they'll probably out grow that tank

Maybe 3 or four electric yellows at the most

derail said:
Yeah I'll try to make the caves, hardly any good rocks around to dio that with though. I'd like to add a cleaner like a pleco but I know they'll probably out grow that tank

Maybe 3 or four electric yellows at the most

Slate is good to make caves with. Bristlenose plecos only grow up to max 6inches some only 5. Some people have rubber lip plecos think they grow up to 5 too. African cichlids in general will kill snails. Maybe even Siamese algae eater. Heard something about lace rock.

Fishie said:
Slate is good to make caves with. Bristlenose plecos only grow up to max 6inches some only 5. Some people have rubber lip plecos think they grow up to 5 too. African cichlids in general will kill snails. Maybe even Siamese algae eater. Heard something about lace rock.

Sweet, I'll check into it. I don't like the idea of purchasing a natural resource so typically i go rock hunting on one of my days off every now and then. Great until you find out the rocks you've found aren't good for the tank chemistry lol

there are many plecos which won't outgrow that tank but should be fine with labs i think

BNs/ABNs
maybe a rhino(it will take at least 1 year for it to grow a few inches, so you can keep it till its around 7"(

TheFishBoss97 said:
there are many plecos which won't outgrow that tank but should be fine with labs i think

BNs/ABNs
maybe a rhino(it will take at least 1 year for it to grow a few inches, so you can keep it till its around 7"(

Ok thanks for the suggestions! What are abns?

derail said:
Sweet, I'll check into it. I don't like the idea of purchasing a natural resource so typically i go rock hunting on one of my days off every now and then. Great until you find out the rocks you've found aren't good for the tank chemistry lol

Oh well any flat rock will work but to see if it is safe you can use the vinegar test. Is if you put vinegar on rock and see if it bubbles or not. If it does it isn't safe for your fish.

Back
Top Bottom