Moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ok so other than the test kit and the dechlor bottle i should be good right.I will look ito see if they have the python no spill kit

Yes. That should be good to get the tank setup and running. Once you have it, let us know the types of fish and test results and we may be able to help.

python is well worth it. my walmart has them also. it will save you a lot of time and effort. good luck.

Ok HN1 im off ill post back at around 9 with updates thank to everyone

Ok i set up everything yesterday didnt finish till 5 in the morning. So far everything is ok.I lost only 1 out of like 30.Is there anything i should be on the lookout for or do.Also how can i get the water crystal clear is there anything out there that i should buy

You can add some filter floss to the filter. It will provide some "polishing" of the water (and it's cheap!).

Sorry for the loss, but great job! Moving a stocked tank that large is NOT an easy feat.

I would do a water test with the API test kit and find out where you stand with the new water. That will go a long way in telling you if you are going to experience a mini-cycle and how to handle things from here. Good job on the move! Enjoy the new tank!

ok i got the results nitrite 0.1 ammonia 1.2. The kit did not come with a nitrate test. I also did a ph test it was 7.8 or 7.9.What should i do now?

Sounds like a minicycle to me, but I am not an expert. Also hard to tell without a Nitrate test. Did you get the API Master test kit? It has a Nitrate test.

Yep. Definitely cycling. I'm 99.99% sure it wasn't your fault at all. You may have had some bacterial dieoff during the process or the tank may not have been kept well before you got it. Water changes and testing will be your best friend.

Check this out if you haven't. It should help you through the process.
I just learned about cycling but I already have fish. What now?!

no my LFS did not carry the api test.ok so should i go ahead and do a 20% water change

Are these test strips or liquid reagents? The test strips are notoriously inaccurate. I'd do at least 50%... hope you found a python!

You are going to have to get a test for Nitrates. It the very least you should test for Ammonia, Nitrites and Nitrates. Those are the indicators of what the cycle is doing. Ph is also something nice to know but not as important at this point in my opinion. I noticed you said you lost 1 of 30 fish. Do you know any of the species?

Back
Top Bottom