My 36 gallon bowl front build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryleyman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Starting my 36 gal and need help to cycle properly this time and stuff like that so yea please follow my thread and help me on the way:)

The aquarium

Attachments

• image-3412135965.jpg
    image-3412135965.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 107
Samzter said:
Hi that looks an awesome tank! What's you thinking of stocking it with?

Gouramies neon tetras Corys and other fish that I don't know about yet lol:D

What Gouramis are you thinking of? I highly recommend a pair of pearl gourami 8-10 panda Cories

Samzter said:
What Gouramis are you thinking of? I highly recommend a pair of pearl gourami 8-10 panda Cories

Yea I have never had gouramies but I love them they are so interesting

Good stuff! If you haven't yet I suggest checking out the sticky threads at the top of the main page. Tons of great info there. :) Total life saver IMO. lol

Are you planning fishless or fish in?

If your lucky enough try chocolate Gouramis. My Lfs has some and they're beautiful .

Here's the update on my tank and chocolate gouramies look cool

Attachments

• image-2081167997.jpg
    image-2081167997.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 96
  • image-1223399610.jpg
    image-1223399610.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image-1255469112.jpg
    image-1255469112.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1903387498.jpg
    image-1903387498.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 77
  • image-3258087740.jpg
    image-3258087740.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 81
The table I have my 36 on isn't gonna hold so I have to get a new one ugh and now I have to take all the water out!:(

tamtam said:
Good stuff! If you haven't yet I suggest checking out the sticky threads at the top of the main page. Tons of great info there. :) Total life saver IMO. lol

Are you planning fishless or fish in?

I think with 2 African dwarf pond frogs and a type of gouramie

I think with 2 African dwarf pond frogs and a type of gouramie

I think I'd hold off on the gourami for a fish in cycle. They aren't overly hardy fish and it may not fare too well through a cycle. Any other fish you sure on?? They may be a better option.

Sucks about the stand too. :( You really don't realize how much water can way. We had a giant debate on whether our stand would hold our 20 gal but it's pretty darn sturdy luckily.

tamtam said:
I think I'd hold off on the gourami for a fish in cycle. They aren't overly hardy fish and it may not fare too well through a cycle. Any other fish you sure on?? They may be a better option.

Sucks about the stand too. :( You really don't realize how much water can way. We had a giant debate on whether our stand would hold our 20 gal but it's pretty darn sturdy luckily.

Every 1 gallon is ten pounds so its 360 pounds

What Type of fish is a hardy fish?

OH there are several options. I guess it depends on your final plan for the tank. Guppies are a common fish to cycle with. There are a few hardier tetras - Xray prestillas, serpea, black skirts and black phantoms are a few.

I think really most of the livebearers are hardy as well. So aside from guppies there are mollys, platys, swordtales.

Zebra danios.. probably most danios really.

Killifish too.

You could probably manage a cycle with a gourami but if you have a spike or aren't right on your water changes you may loose it. I usually also opt to add them near the end of my stock to try and weed out any chance of aggression(not as much of an issue if you are sticking with dwarf varieties) but something else to think about.

You really do have lots of options for hardy fish but I highly suggest picking something you plan on staying in the tank. Can be a pain to rehome something after a cycle because it's not compatible with what you really want

Back
Top Bottom