need advice on african chiclid tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dmk6

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have an accidental rift lake tank. I now about the high pH and have managed to obtain that. What i don't know is do I use active charcoal in my filter or not? How many high pH rocks should I have (120 gallon tank)? How many synodontist petricola should I have? Feeding I have read about mawali blout and want to avoid it, so how often can I feed with bloodworms or none at all? I bought the tank on craigslist and it had a synodontist petricola and I just thought it was a normal south american catfish at first then I learned other wise and set up the tank accordingly. i have never had a chilclid tank let alone a african tank, so all advice is welcome.
I have found this experience to be one of my most fascinating in aquaria. I am so glad I did not get so tunnel visioned that I turned it into the amazon tank I originally had invisioned. Sometimes I guess you just gotta roll with it. That and my wife absolutly loves that little pygmy senodontis and one does not want to argue or disappoint the boss.

Back
Top Bottom