Need help with first fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can go ahead & increase the dose to 4ppm. Just dont be surprised if theres a slight lag in tomorrows numbers. Everything will catch up in a day or two. :)

Readings tonight after dosing to 4ppm last night:

ammo = 0.50

Nitrites = 0.50

Nitrates = 120

ph = 8.2

Hmmm, was hoping tomorrow would be the day for fish, but I guess not ! :ermm:

Its ok- a lag can be expected when you increase the dose. The bb need to multiply & increase to handle the higher dose. It doesnt always happen overnight. Go ahead & redose 4 & lets see how things look tomorrow. :)

Okay, the readings tonight :

ammo = 0.50

nitrites = 0.50

nitrates = 140

ph = 8.2

Something came up last night, and i was a couple hours late in dosing the ammo, but i cant see the readings zeroing out in the next couple hours.

What do you think, jlk ?

A couple of hours can make a difference. Your almost zeroed! Drop your amm dose back to 3.5 for tonight because you already have .50 right now & we will see how things look tomorrow! :)

Thats great!! Ok, lets do 3.75 (and not a hair more) tonight & see what happens. Your tank will hopefully zero this the same as last night because you added 3.5 to the .25 that was already in your tank. If all is well tomorrow, we can try the 4 again & hopefully it will stay steady this time! :)

OzarkGold said:
Yes,4 ppm Sunday night and 4ppm again last night. We'll see what we get tonight...looks like its getting pretty close !!!

Thanks Again

By the way, here is what we're working with ::)

Are those live plants or fake ? Just asking ?

Thats great!! Ok, lets do 3.75 (and not a hair more) tonight & see what happens. Your tank will hopefully zero this the same as last night because you added 3.5 to the .25 that was already in your tank. If all is well tomorrow, we can try the 4 again & hopefully it will stay steady this time! :)

Ok, will do.:)

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom