Need help with quantities of fish please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

burrhubb

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am in the process of fish less cycling my 90 litre tank. I'm looking into what fish I would like. Think I have chosen but not sure how many of each I should get.
Fish I am looking at getting

Guppies male and female (I know it's a ratio of 2female - 1 male)
Dalmatian mollies. (Male or female??)
Tetras (I no they are better as a school)
Platies
I would also like a dwarf frog and snail????

Also like gourami but haven't looked into them much

Be very grateful for your help. Can't wait till I can add my fish!!!! :)

I am in the process of fish less cycling my 90 litre tank. I'm looking into what fish I would like. Think I have chosen but not sure how many of each I should get.

Platies

Make the guppies at a ratio of (3 females - 1 male)
What tetra are you thinking about cause I would probably advise again nippy species like black shirt tetras.

Thanks for the reply :) I'm thinking neon tetras. ?? I will take on board what you said bout guppies Thanx. How many of each would you recommend??? Thanx again for responding

Platies

Hey, I wouldn't do mollies, some males reach 5in and have a high bioload. Platys also have high bioloads. Dwarf grouamis are awesome little center pieces. I would do 8 neons, 3-1 guppies and a dwarf frog, an mabye hatchet fish

Ok will look into those fish you mentioned thank you :) :fish1:(y)

Those fish look fine except the mollies would grow big and need at least 115 liters (30 gallons).
Here is what I recommend:
4 guppies (1m, 3f)
3 platties
6 tetras (bloodfin, neon, black phantom are all good), OR 6 zebra danios, OR 6 harlequin rasboras, OR 5 cherry barbs
1 dwarf gourami (these are good centerpiece fish)

I don't know much about the snails or frogs though.

if you dont want your tank over run with guppy fry i would stick to all males or they will breed like rabbits and they will survive even if you don't do anything special for them. or put a gourami in to eat the fry

Those fish look fine except the mollies would grow big and need at least 115 liters (30 gallons).
Here is what I recommend:
4 guppies (1m, 3f)
3 platties
6 tetras (bloodfin, neon, black phantom are all good), OR 6 zebra danios, OR 6 harlequin rasboras, OR 5 cherry barbs
1 dwarf gourami (these are good centerpiece fish)

I don't know much about the snails or frogs though.

I like that.... Lol might do that myself actually

if you dont want your tank over run with guppy fry i would stick to all males or they will breed like rabbits and they will survive even if you don't do anything special for them. or put a gourami in to eat the fry

Most would end up acting as a food source though.

Back
Top Bottom