New 2.5 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fish_Fan

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys so right now i currently have a fluval edge 6 gallon with RCS and i wanted a small betta tank for my desk in my room. So today i was at Petco and saw the $1 per gallon sale and i wanted to buy a 2.5 gallon and i did but it turned out to be $12, so now i want to know if a rimless 2.5 gal tank for $12 is a good deal. I also need to know where to get a hood with lights and filter for a low price, thank you and sorry for the long post??

Fish_Fan

$12 is a good deal. I bought a small tank for $14 but then quickly realized that a nano filter nano heater are super expensive and it would've been cheaper just to get one of those all in one nano tanks.

But since you already got it. eBay has some cheap deals sometimes. And Amazon. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

$12 is perfectly fine but with rimless tanks (and most things in this hobby) you get basically what you pay for, unless of course it's just a really awesome sale. If you're concerned about glass clarity (i.e. low-iron) and how clean the silicon job is you may want to look at different options (which for a 2.5 gal would prob be around $30). But if you're not as worried about those things then I'd say go for it, $12 is not gonna gonna break the bank no matter what the case! :)

Sent from my iPad using science

Ok thanks do you know where to get a hood with lights?

Fish_Fan

I do not, sorry. If you're going with a rimless I'd skip the hood altogether though, and if you're worried about evaporation or jumpers maybe just look into a glass top. The lighting would just depend on what your needs are, varying from a simple desk lamp to a sleek LED fixture.

Sent from my iPad using science

Ok i wanted a hood because the tank is going to house a male betta. And for the lighting im just going to buy a led clip on because it will only have low light plants

Fish_Fan

Update: I returned the tank to Petco because i just couldn't find a good hood with lights and filter. Instead I bought a 2.5 Aquarius kit from Amazon?

Fish_Fan

Back
Top Bottom