New 35g community timeline!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, just did my daily feeding and the angel ate nothing. I knew the tetras would get to the food a lot faster, so I spot fed it, but all it did was suck in two flakes and then promptly spit them back out. Hopefully it's just stress and it'll eat tomorrow. It'll be tubifex day!

Well, just did my daily feeding and the angel ate nothing. I knew the tetras would get to the food a lot faster, so I spot fed it, but all it did was suck in two flakes and then promptly spit them back out. Hopefully it's just stress and it'll eat tomorrow. It'll be tubifex day!

Mine didn't eat for a week! But he's a pig know!!!!! So don't worry

You know how when right before you go onto a roller coaster you don't want to eat? It's like that!

This may surprise you (I'm kidding, it won't surprise anyone), but I'm not really a roller coaster person!

I get what you're saying, though. I'll give it some time. =)

In the meantime, I have to decide on a set of pronouns... He? She? Ze? They? Ah, the difficulties of a simply binary gender system.

Deputy Chief Carl (which is now the angelfish's name for some inexplicable reason) seems to be doing much better today! I got him to eat some tubifex worms earlier and he's now swimming much more actively about the tank. I love watching him glide back and forth across the front glass. I think he's glad to have some space.

Thought I would check in and let you guys know of some new additions to the tank!

I went to the monthly London Aquaria Society meeting last night and had a great time again. I have officially joined, membership card and all (I am a dork, in case you didn't already know). :lol: But hey, that card gets me 10% off at both of my LFSs, which is pretty nice.

The speaker this month gave a talk about collecting live food for aquarium fish, which was actually really interesting. I didn't realize that fish can eat so many things that exist naturally in the ecosystems here. The guy who spoke even cultures several different kinds of worms, vinegar eels, and brine shrimp in his fish room! A really knowledgeable, very nice man. He breeds some absolutely beautiful fish, too. He keeps some Endlers and other livebearers that were bred straight from the very first lot of them that were discovered.

I also scored some pretty sweet deals in the monthly auction. Picked up a big bag of Jungle Val for $6 to start my planted tank journey in earnest, and also got 5 baby albino corydoras to finish off my stocking! They were bred by the same man who gave the talk and are all very healthy and active. I can't get over the fact that they're actually shiny and almost iridescent in the right light.

Here's one of my new babies next to some driftwood. The smallest one is probably only 3/4" long! Luckily Carl the angelfish isn't trying to eat anybody.
img_2911570_0_04b607ab0e7d0a5e969e5e4b09241122.jpg

Another baby cory. They're so cute with their tiny whisker barbels and don't seem to mind my non-jagged gravel, which is nice.
img_2911570_1_54aaf352a3056720a51a4b461ca43743.jpg

Aaand another photo. I don't know if you can tell, but I'm pretty much on cuteness overload here.
img_2911570_2_fbc715c6e1be470b4ce5cc50c48e7370.jpg

My tank with the added jungle val. The bleeding hearts absolutely love having some cover plants in the back where they hang out. The green offsets their colours nicely.
img_2911570_3_8b91aba29351b2b440727b916a22f543.jpg

So yes! I'm finally done stocking my tank with fish. Now to convince Sammy that we need another one... :angel:

Great choice!! Cory's are always a pleasure to have.. Tank is looking really nice! Time to relax and enjoy;)

Back
Top Bottom