New 50 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saf

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I'm getting a 50 gallon tank soon. I already own 2 dwarf gouramis and 11 danios (Zebra/GloFish) but was wanting to add some more fish to this new tank. Tell me what you think, how many to add or if the tank would get overstocked?

So first off I wanted to get a rainbow shark or a red tail shark. I've been doing research on them and I know they should be fine in 50 gallons but are big jumpers correct? I only want one since they do not go well with other 'sharks'.

Next I was thinking of an electric blue ram. I haven't done as much research on these as I shouldv'e so I'm not sure how many to get? Just an idea

Also I was thinking of possibly some killifish or more gouramis as I love colourful fish. I was going to get some discus fish but I think they're too much work for me right now.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be much appreciated! Thank you:)

Gouramis tend to fight. They aren't social. Cousin to Bettas.

Set up rocks/wood to give Shark a hiding place at one end of tank. That way when they become a territorial jerk, other fish still have room to swim. Beware hollow ornaments that fish can get stuck in upper hollow areas.

Rams need pristine water and warm temps. Again, territorial. 1 or a pair is all you can get. They need hiding places also.

Danios are zippy fish and may outcompete your slow moving fish. Watch out for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom