New Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Emm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi,

I am new to this forum and was just looking for a bit of advice/ people's opinions on my stocking for my tank.

I have had it up and running since July but it is still looking rather empty! It is an 180L tank currently with 2 Guppies, 3 Threadfin Rainbows, 3 Sterbai cory and 1 Pakistani Loach. I am planning on getting 2 more each of the threadfins and corys. But apart from that I am not sure what else to go for! I would like a largish school of tetra of some sort - perhaps rummys or cardinals, or even both in smller schools?. which would be/look better? And how many can get for this size tank?

Sorry for all the questions! Any opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Emm

HI and welcome!

In my opinion I'd rehome or return the loach; it's recommended to have 3 in a group and they can get aggressive with your other fish; they can also reach large sizes, so I'd think about rehoming it.

You could add a school of 6-8 Rummynose Tetra and Cardinal Tetra.

Thanks for the reply. my loach is such a character, but I am aware that he can grow big so have asked a friend with a larger tank if she can have him in the future, they have a pakistani loach too so he would have a friend :)

So I could have 8 rummys and cardinals, that's great - i wasn't sure how many i could have in my size thank. Although I may go for a large school of one of the two - I am still not 100%. In your opinion which would look best in a larger school?

Emm

Back
Top Bottom