Not sure what to do..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

raccioppi83

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm really not sure what to do with this tank.. it's a 26G bow front

It's stocked with:

3 yoyo loaches
2 zebra danios
1 CPD

Haven't touched it in a while stocking wise, I've just made sure the water parameters are good.

suggestions?

I meant stocking! I would like to bring more life/color to the tank

What is your plant situation looking like? How many plants do you have in there? If you know specific types that would be great!

They're actually all fake! I may switch over to real plants eventually since I graduated college

You can add more CPD since they are meant to be kept in groups.

I had more.. they all died of age :( I'm sad but my LFS hasn't had them in a while

I would definitely recommend getting some real plants in there. This just helps control the water parameters because more fish always equals more waste being produced. As for fish, angelfish are always nice! I've never had angelfish before so I can't really speak from experience but they can get aggressive, although your danios should be fine as they are fast swimmers.

And real plants always give any aquarium a really natural and beautiful look. You might even want to look into getting some rock. However be careful with live rock has that type is from the ocean and can carry some unwanted pests into your aquarium. For plants and rocks I would always recommend anyone to go to a local, independent run fish store that knows maybe a bit more than the local Petsmart or Petco (not trying to bash, I just don't trust big chain pet stores personally.)

Have you checked with your LFS if they take special orders? Some do. Just mention that you are looking for CPDs and when they place their weekly orders, they may be able to work them in if available. Or check with them to see who else carries them.
How long did your CPDs last?

I don't have that much room left for decor! It's pretty heavily "planted" I don't know if the angelfish will have enough room in the tank

About a year :( then I was away at college and all died but one cause my dad didn't do a very good job of taking care of them

Back
Top Bottom