Ok back to basics !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Precious_Scarface said:
I said well ill flush them and since then i cant get close to the aquarium

Have u no heart??? Lol I have a 55 g devoted to 3 of the coolest fish ( fancy golds) please go with the CL idea

Precious_Scarface said:
I said well ill flush them and since then i cant get close to the aquarium

I hope you were making a bad joke. Flushing fish is inhumane and an unacceptable practice (I believe it's also against site rules). If euthanasia is actually something to be considered, please review the sticky in the unhealthy fish section of the website to learn humane methods.

Haha no i was making a joke cause my bf didnt want me to feed them to my turtle i usually feed my turtle some trouts i fish but winter time i think im gonna buy her some fish to eat

Ok so i took another test just to peek until tmw having no no3 & no4 tests its kinda hard but :
Amm : 4 ppm
Nitrites :?
Nitrates :?
Ph : 7.6

Tomorow i will do another 50 pwc and see if the amm can go down a bit

Precious_Scarface said:
Ok so i took another test just to peek until tmw having no no3 & no4 tests its kinda hard but :
Amm : 4 ppm
Nitrites :?
Nitrates :?
Ph : 7.6

Tomorow i will do another 50 pwc and see if the amm can go down a bit

Why tomorrow? That qualifies as an emergency and should be dealt with ASAP. You should no a 75% pwc immediately and go from there.

I believe this has been linked...but read it again. Your goal should be at or below .25 IMO......not 4.0 then wait till tomorrow.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/artic...g-but-I-already-have-fish-What-now/Page2.html

Precious_Scarface said:
I already did a water change earlier should i do another one?

Yes.. do PWCs until the ammo and nitrite are under .25 bc they can get ammo and nitrite poisoning however IMO that's almost impossible to keep the levels at .25 with goldfish. How big are they! ?

Precious_Scarface said:
I already did a water change earlier should i do another one?

Please re-read the guide over and over again if necessary. 4ppm is absolutely deadly. Shoot for .25. You are going to become VERY familiar with your bucket with all the water changes you've got in your future if you want to keep your fish healthy and not suffering.

Somethingclever said:
Do you have pictures of the goldfish?

Yes look at them arent they cute !!

Attachments

• image-2189546493.jpg
    image-2189546493.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 63
  • image-4094165209.jpg
    image-4094165209.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 67
  • image-2025570121.jpg
    image-2025570121.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 63
  • image-3331659716.jpg
    image-3331659716.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 59
Flossie said:
they can get ammo and nitrite poisoning however IMO that's almost impossible with goldfish.

Can you give me an idea of where you heard that or if you have any articles that state that?

Flossie said:
Yes.. do PWCs until the ammo and nitrite are under .25 bc they can get ammo and nitrite poisoning however IMO that's almost impossible with goldfish. How big are they! ?

Like i said i dont any test fir nitrite or nitrate so im changing the water often i just got to wait 2 more days to go and buy one and the big orange one is about 3" and the others are about an inch and a half to about 2"

eco23 said:
Can you give me an idea of where you heard that or if you have any articles that state that?

No I have just have goldfish in an uncycled tank and its hard to keep the ammo down . Not disagreeing with u :) just IME without constant PWC it gets out of control fast ! Just my opinion an experience. Please don't think I'm disagreeing that is not what I meant. I even edited the comment bc it sounded like I was disagreeing with u. Sorry... U have great advice Eco.. How could I disagree with u?? Lol.I'm still sorta a newbie

Those are large GF. It would be best to rehome them...

You also may need to increase your filtration. Rbp are super messy fish when they are being fed properly (high protein diet) as are goldies. But, even if you re-home the goldies, you may still need additional filtration. How big are your rbp right now?

Flossie said:
No I have just have goldfish in an uncycled tank and its hard to keep the ammo down . Not disagreeing with u :) just IME without constant PWC it gets out of control fast ! Just my opinion an experience. Please don't think I'm disagreeing that is not what I meant. I even edited the comment bc it sounded like I was disagreeing with u. Sorry... U have great advice Eco.. How could I disagree with u?? Lol.I'm still sorta a newbie

Those are large GF. It would be best to rehome them...

There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with me :).

It's just scary to have the idea that goldfish are immune to ammonia or nitrIte poisoning floating around....when it's simply not true IMO/E.

People hear certain things and repeat it back. I wouldn't want people to see that and decide their goldfish won't suffer with toxic levels.

Last edited:
eco23 said:
There's nothing wrong with disagreeing with me :).

It's just scary to have the idea that goldfish are immune to ammonia or nitrIte poisoning floating around....when it's simply not true IMO/E.

People hear certain things and repeat it back. I wouldn't want people to see that and decide they're goldfish won't suffer with toxic levels.

Oh no I meant they will get ammo and nitrite poising and it's nearly impossible to keep the levels under 1ppm ammo and such! Lol sorry I was unclear...

I think my goldfish got ammo and nitrite poisoning bc I could not keep the levels down and I believe I almost lost them. I would not want to promote anything that harms any kind of animal. U can delete that post if needed

I would rehome them if i could but its hard being only 17 years old and those are your only pets the big and gold one is my favorite he looks super cute and hes gorgeous i took them away from somebody that didnt want them anymore theyve been left to die in an uncycled tank with a 3 months old dirty filter i was amazed that they doubled size even tho that water was disgusting so i just took them home and putted them in my tank with my rb's who are about 1"

Precious_Scarface said:
I would rehome them if i could but its hard being only 17 years old and those are your only pets the big and gold one is my favorite he looks super cute and hes gorgeous i took them away from somebody that didnt want them anymore theyve been left to die in an uncycled tank with a 3 months old dirty filter i was amazed that they doubled size even tho that water was disgusting so i just took them home and putted them in my tank with my rb's who are about 1"

They are very cute. Maybe u can get a larger tank to move them to. I LOVE goldfish

Flossie said:
Oh no I meant they will get ammo and nitrite poising and it's nearly impossible to keep the levels under 1ppm ammo and such! Lol sorry I was unclear...

I think my goldfish got ammo and nitrite poisoning bc I could not keep the levels down and I believe I almost lost them. I would not want to promote anything that harms any kind of animal. U can delete that post if needed

No problem :). I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. Some newbies read certain things, take it out of context and tell everyone else...so I just wanted to make sure it was clear. I'm sure I just misunderstood and took it out of context myself :) (I'm not a mod so I can't delete things anyway, lol).

Back
Top Bottom