Ok back to basics !!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And the tank was so small a 10g i think but anyway going like that i think im not doing any better sometimes i think its worst then what they had but my bf tells me that i did good by taking them

Flossie said:
They are very cute. Maybe u can get a larger tank to move them to. I LOVE goldfish

I love them too they look like puppies goldfish version haha and yes im already saving money to get a new tank for them but ive been thinking about rehoming kinda hard when you dont know much and dont dont credit cards for online stuff

And the tank was so small a 10g i think but anyway going like that i think im not doing any better sometimes i think its worst then what they had but my bf tells me that i did good by taking them
Its ok. Everybody on this site has had some fishues (fish issues). You are right that the 10 gallon was way too small for them. Do you think you are able to get a bigger tank for them? Otherwise, there is no guilt in re-homing if it is what is best for the fish. :)
You will miss them, but you can get other fish that will be happy in a 29 gallon tank and that will make you happier too.:)

I love them too they look like puppies goldfish version haha and yes im already saving money to get a new tank for them but ive been thinking about rehoming kinda hard when you dont know much and dont dont credit cards for online stuff
When I started keeping fish, I didn't have a credit card either. :) No worries, all this can be done at your lfs.
It is really great that you care about the fishies so much. :)

craigslist.org can help you re-home the goldies if you want to. Also, some newspapers offer free ads for free things. petco will take adoption fish too as will most lfs.

eco23 said:
No problem :). I just wanted to make sure we were on the same page. Some newbies read certain things, take it out of context and tell everyone else...so I just wanted to make sure it was clear. I'm sure I just misunderstood and took it out of context myself :) (I'm not a mod so I can't delete things anyway, lol).

Oh lol I thought u were. I fixed it!! Lol! U read it right. I worded it wrong

When i first got my rb's they were pretty small they grew alot since i got them but one day they fought and one lost an eye

Attachments

• image-3040534158.jpg
    image-3040534158.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 59
  • image-1867689650.jpg
    image-1867689650.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 56
  • image-3736586285.jpg
    image-3736586285.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 54
Definitely check craigslist for a larger tank as well... and keep in mind that u need AT LEAST 20 gallons for the first goldfish and 10 g for each additional GF. We all make mistakes but u are in the right place :) those were all in a 10g?? Wow...

Precious_Scarface said:
When i first got my rb's they were pretty small they grew alot since i got them but one day they fought and one lost an eye

It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye! Lol poor guy :(

Flossie said:
Definitely check craigslist and keep in mind that u need AT LEAST 20 gallons for the first goldfish and 10 g for each additional GF. We all make mistakes but u are in the right place :) those were all in a 10g?? Wow...

Yeah they were but im surprised that they grew that big in such a small tank and can you send me a link to this graiglust website

Flossie said:
It's all fun and games until someone looses an eye! Lol poor guy :(

I know at first i didnt know what to do then i though ok think bacteria wise so i left the water like it was thinking that if i changed it he would get an infection but he didnt so when i thought it was healed up i changed the water again

Precious_Scarface said:
I know at first i didnt know what to do then i though ok think bacteria wise so i left the water like it was thinking that if i changed it he would get an infection but he didnt so when i thought it was healed up i changed the water again

Actually water changes are best to keep then from getting infection and diseases :) as long as u are using water conditioner water changes are good bc water changes keep the water clean :)

Flossie said:
Actually water changes are best to keep then from getting infection and diseases :) as long as u are using water conditioner water changes are good bc water changes keep the water clean :)

Ok the thing is i did bought a tank to get fish and stuff but i didnt know about cycling and that kind of stuff but that same day i went to get my fish somebody told me to take there fish instead and i did those 5 fishes went from a 10 g to a 29 g and now they get all excited when they see me and/ or my bf almost like little dogs wagging their tails!!

Ammonia and nitrIte poisoning can take some time to show physical symptoms. Just because your fish are acting normal right now...it doesn't mean they are okay. 2.0 is not okay, 4.0 is awful and 8.0 is insanity.

I hate to come across as harsh or demanding...but you really need to stay committed and be doing as many water changes as are needed to get your levels down and keep them there. Trust me, you might not be seeing it, but when your tank is sitting at 2,4,8 ppm of ammonia...they are suffering.

Back
Top Bottom