Ok Fishless Cycle underway 02/16/2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hmmm having a hard time reading the trites..... the Liquid API test shows 0 as yellow....and the next step up is like an almost yellow..... cant tell which i am getting.

Double Check your card. my API test 0ppm trites is a blue color.

nitritecolor3.jpg

Whoops! sorry was reading other card.... yeah im still getting the blue reading.... hopefully in the next few days i start showing something.;)

Whoops! sorry was reading other card.... yeah im still getting the blue reading.... hopefully in the next few days i start showing something.;)
Unless you seed the tank, as mentioned earlier in the thread, I very much doubt it. Unseeded I wouldn't expect to see nitrites for at least 3 weeks or so and another 3 weeks or so to finish the cycle.
If you seed the tank you can finish the cycle in 2 weeks tops probably less.

So testes this morning 2/24/09 and got .25ppm tirites.... Was very excited to see something.... checked ammonia and its still at 5.0ppm.... what should i expect now?

your 'trites will continue to rise as the bacteria colony builds up. As the 'trites rise, you'll start to see a decline in ammonia. You'll want to re-dose ammonia into the 3-5ppm range any time it falls below 1ppm, give or take. The idea is to continue to feed while the bacteria that convert trites to trates now begin the process of establishing themselves.

Back
Top Bottom