Ph

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishtankman

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
MY fish tank is very cloudy, is that because my ph is very very low I mean it almost reads nothing... My tank cycled and checked all the parameters nitrite nitrate and ammonia is where it should be please need some answers thanks I'n advanced!!!!

Henry

Hi! What are your exact numbers for everything? Have you tested the ph of your tap after it has gassed off? Have you ever had your gh & kh checked in your tap? Is your ph crashing daily/often or is it always very low? A bit more info will help!

It seems when I add ph increasers it is always the same what and how should I check my tap water what's kh... See it was all going good until the tank got over heated and when I got that under control this happen I am so confused I hope that helps u out so u can help me out lol thankyou

Ph increasers are not a good idea. They are only a band-aid & will cause more drastic swings in ph which can harm your fish. Answering some questions will really help to figure things- we need to know your exact numbers for ammonia, nitrite, nitrate & ph that your tank is reading right now & what you are using to test (liquid or strips). Does your ph drop on a regular basis & this is why your adding ph increasers? What size is the tank & what is it stocked with?

You will need to set out some tap water overnight, preferably with an airstone or bubbler. If you do not have an extra one, just give the water a good stir whenever you remember to do so. Test this tomorrow for ph & let us know what this reads & we can go from there!

Also, for KH & GH you can take a sample of your tap water (not your tank water) to your lfs & have these tested. Most use strips but it will atleast give us a ballpark idea of where your numbers are & if these are causing an issue. :)

Back
Top Bottom