Plant food question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reaper216

Aquarium Advice Activist
When I got my tank it came with a bunch of stuff, including a bottle of Big Als Multi Purpose Plant food supplement.

Until recently, I never looked twice at it because I haven't had live plants.
I wanted to start using it, but noticed it has copper in it, and I have read that copper will kill my snails.

Is .00001% copper (CU)(MIN) enough to hurt them? Or should I just forget it and buy something else.

Copper is a nutrient that plants and even inverts need in low concentrations. The amount of copper in that supplement is soo low that it won't even come close to bothering anything in your tank.

Thank you much! I had a couple amazon swords that had leaves going transparent, and some going brown. Since I have started using the plant food they are growing like wild fire!

Thank you much! I had a couple amazon swords that had leaves going transparent, and some going brown. Since I have started using the plant food they are growing like wild fire!

The amazon swords are really going to need root tabs. Try giving some to them and see how much more of a difference it makes :)

Back
Top Bottom