Please Help!! My Fish Keep Dying!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I didn't know you couldn't talk on someone's thread. I didn't see the rules. I did post my own thread too. I just was conversing about my similar problem on this thread. I wasn't trying to be a jerk.

It's ok to talk on a thread about the issue at hand, if you start to turn the thread from the original posters results/cycle it may confuse people. Trying ot wade through 2 conversations in 1 thread can be challenging. Also making your own thread allows people to read your situation clearly and give information and suggestions on it. It had all the data in one spot that's easier to go over.

tamtam said:
how big is your tank and what's in it?

If you are doing a fish in cycle or fish less cycle, you know your tank is cycled when you maintain 0 ammo and nitrite. nitrates are a bit different, usually a level of 10-20 in addition to the above info shows you are cycled, but sometime if you have a heavily planted tank your nitrate may just stay at zero. It's not really 1 number that shows that iit is cycles it's all of the numbers added with other information that make in possible to know.

If your tank has been up and running for a long time, has fish in it and still doesn't have ammo under control than it leaves me to think that you're stocking or filtration are part of this. If you are over stocked than you may not be able to build enough bacteria to support the bioload. If you don't have enough filtration it's similar, it just can't support the bioload of your tank.

I have my question on my own thread. I was just making a statement that ah my tank is cycled then and my fish ate still dying so I guess it's not that. I didn't expect anyone to answer me really. Just more of a comment. I didn't think people would get all mad at me for it and call me a rule breaking hijacker. Lol but I'll contain myself to my own thread now. I do have more details on my thread.

Back
Top Bottom