Puffers and gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lcouturewine20057

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I just got some new fish this weekend after a bacteria infection killed off half my fish. Now that things are stable again I felt it was time for the new additions. I purchased two dwarf puffers and two bumble bee gobies. I haven't had much experience with either but they are just to cute! I immediately fell in love with the puffers they have so much personality! So her are some pics and any advise or care tips that anyone can add would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• image-2551156727.jpg
    image-2551156727.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3716824002.jpg
    image-3716824002.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2972938648.jpg
    image-2972938648.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 65
  • image-3686444629.jpg
    image-3686444629.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 57
The dwarf puffer as nasty little buggers! Have a lot of plants/decor so they can get away from each other. And the gobies perfer brackish water.

calfishguy said:
What size tank. Puffers are best for a species only tank.

I thought so too but my lfs assured me they would be fine plus he keeps them in community tanks. They seem to not be bothering anyone and I have them in a 10 gal.

As they become older they will most likely become an issue. Google them for more info. You will need to have very good filtration and lots of plants for them to hide

calfishguy said:
As they become older they will most likely become an issue. Google them for more info. You will need to have very good filtration and lots of plants for them to hide

My ten gal in heavily planted but will be upgrading to a 46 gal so if they start getting feisty then they will stay in the ten gal. I know it was a risk to place them in my community tank but I took the fact that they were raised in one with the same fish I have into consideration as well. I do appreciate the advice and will keep everyone posted on how things are going.

And the gobies perfer brackish water.

+1 they don't live nearly as long in freshwater compared to those living in brackish water.

The LFS keep them in stressful conditions. Once comfortable in your tank, these fish will show you their true behavior. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom