question about all in one kits 2.5 to 5 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Penncentralfan

Aquarium Advice Regular
I'd like to have an african dwarf frog tank. I do have a 2.5 gallon glass with glass hood, but I'd need a filter and light. I do allready have a small heater.

I think it might be cheaper to buy one of those kits that include a power filter and light, but I wonder if there is only one or two cords that need to be plugged in. I'd like a kit with one cord that powers both the light and the filter since I may have to add a heater. I know you can do a adf tank w/o a heater. I've done it before w/o a heater in a 2.5 gallon with a sponge filter and an internal fliter.

So do they come with one cord to plug in or two?

Ive never seen a tank with what youre talking about. I've never seen accessories that are 2-in-1.
Its easy to just get a power strip- amazon sells Belkin strips for like $8 on amazon prime. And you can reuse the power strip elsewhere

For all my tanks, there are 3 cords to plug in- filter, heater, light. Obviously there are only 2 outlets in the wall. A surge protector is fine with me because i feel it adds a little security anyway.

I've never seen one that has one plug for both, but outlet extenders are cheap. I use the little three plug ones or a surge protector strip for small tanks and for my larger ones I've found 6 outlet surge protector outlet extenders. It plugs into both the outlets on a standard outlet plate, has an off switch for all 6 outlets built in, and is a surge protector, but all the plugs are consolidated on the wall instead of on a strip on the floor, so the wires can all have "drip loops" for added protection. I love them! But I did forget where I found them, sadly.

Petco sells a 2 1/2 gallon tank that has one plug in for the lights and filter. I used to keep sexy shrimp in mine.

Back
Top Bottom