Question regarding Ghost Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShadoeFox

Aquarium Advice Freak
I understand Ghost Shrimp can live in a Fresh Water tank, but someone told me they'd need salt. I've read several profiles online and I've found only one that even refers to them liking "A little Salt" in their water, the rest don't even mention it. So, the question is, do I really need salt with Ghost Shrimp or are they okay without it.

And no, I don't already have the shrimp. I learned that lesson already. heh.

I have one ghost shrimp who has been through everything. he has been in 100% salt water, then back to fresh water with some aquarium salt. And now he is in a tank with no salt. So the answer is no. IME they don't need it. Nor mind it.

Sent from my iPhone

Sound like tough little buggers! My Fiancee's been fascinated with them for a while and we're toying with putting a couple in a small little aquarium it looks like we're inheriting and maybe in our bigger tanks just for the fun of having them.

Is a Khuli loach likely to eat them?

Yeah... we found our guy kind of by accident, and my fiancee remembered having one as a kid. We did the research after. (I know, dumb. I'm new!). Anyway, we're cycling up a bigger tank than the current one and when it's up and running he'll move in and we'll find him some friends.

Back
Top Bottom