Rapid Nitrite Drop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlazedSaint

Aquarium Advice Freak
Decided tonight before my stability treatment id put a prime treatment in the tank, just did test and nitrites have dropped from 5.0 to .25 ammonia is at .25 and nitrate is at 20, ph is at 8.0 but ill remedy that with some half tap half ro water, but heres my question, with the rapid drop in my levels is it safe to buy a few zebra danios to put in the tank if im diligent about water changes with prime and stability treatments? its a 29 gallon so i intend to get one more bottle of living bacteria(fritzymmes 7) just to give the tank a good kickstart while im acclimating the fish and 5 zebra danios tommorow, unless someone tells me its a bad idea, as i said i already know i have to be diligent about testing and water changes

Skip fiddling with the pH, it will just cause you grief down the road. A big water change will make things safe for your aquarium and it should be fine to add the danios.

Just be sure to do a slow acclimation to accommodate for any difference in pH between your water and the LFS water. Float the bag for 15 minutes, remove 1/2 cup of bag water and replace with tank water every 10 minutes or so. If you do this 3 or 4 times it should ease the transition of your fish into your tank and prevent a catastrophe like you had the last time you had when you tried to add fish.

I'll do a water change this a.m. 20% and head to my LFS and get some danios also I'm using stability as recommended by LFS the fritzsymmes were also recommended but at this point I'm just going to put it in shortly before my fish just for extra piece of mind

Back
Top Bottom