Simple setup question - the cover in particular

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pondthing

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've got a 135 gallon freshwater FO tank. It didn't exactly come with instructions but most things are self explanitory.

My big question is the proper setup of the lid or cover. It's 6' long so it came with 4 pieces of glass, 2 per side. Two were more narrow than the other 2. Then was the plastic piece that can be customized along the back to allow the pump, air lines, etc.

Ok, now comes what seems to be the hinge for the glass. I say seems to be because it's a lousy excuse for what I would call a proper hinge.

So, each side of the tank has two different sizes of glass connected by a hinge and then backed by the plastic strip to bridge the gap to the back of the tank.

I have two major questions, which piece of glass should be where, wider in the front or in the rear? I need to know which piece to glue the 'Handle' to because the double side tape didn't cut it either so silicon glue it is.

2nd question, is there a better option for the hinge? By the time I got one side of the hinge on the glass, the other side had come free. I've seen some clear, plexiglass, piano hinges that can be syliconed on so I'm considering that route.

Thanks for any help... Steve :hide:

Hi and welcome to AA!

Without seeing the setup I'm not sure I can be of much help. You may try posting this in the Hardware/Equipment section, you may get more help there. Did it come with a manual?

Good luck. :)

Likely it's the wider towards the back to accommodate for lighting.

Back
Top Bottom