Stocking advice?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dirtydan

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey guys, so for my 29 gallon tank I'd like to stock it to these specifications in the near future:
10 serpae tetra
6 cories
2 Dwarf Gouramis
2 German Blue Rams

Would this layout work? So far I have 6 serpae and 4 cories and they are doing just fine.
Also, I've heard I should add in the GBRs after a couple of months when everything is fully set up?

Any additional advice you can provide? Maybe another type of fish I should add?
Thank you!

Sent from my HTC One using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I hate to disagree, but you are over stocked now. The gouramis and rams bioloads are too large with 10 Serpaes. I'd get rid of the gouramis or the rams. Or the obvious choice is buy a 40 brooder or 55gal.

I hate to disagree, but you are over stocked now. The gouramis and rams bioloads are too large with 10 Serpaes. I'd get rid of the gouramis or the rams. Or the obvious choice is buy a 40 brooder or 55gal.

I agree! I think you should at least get rid of 1 gourami your tank is overstocked IMO. At least don't add anything else if you don't rehome any and make sure you are doing lots of water changes.

I presume you mean to get two male dwarf gouramis? Don't do it. They are too territorial. Pick your favorite color and get one. I'd leave the serpae count at six but go up to 6 on the corys if you like their antics. If you really want a ram, I'd leave the Cory group at four (unless you have pygmy types). I'd go single on the ram as well.

Back
Top Bottom