Stocking advice for 10g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the replies, everyone!

There's lots to think about. I think that, for now, I'd rather get less fish and keep the filter that I have. I can always upgrade later (or get another, bigger tank!).

I had not really thought about the shrimp breeding, silly me! I agree that I should start with a lower number. Do you think the tetras and cories will eat the fry?

I looked up the scarlet badis. Very pretty fish. I'll have to find out if I can order them from my LFS. I'm a bit concerned about them being a little too high maintenance. I'm a beginner. Lol!

I debated about getting chili raspboras and i do find them absolutely beautiful, but I really have a soft spot for tetras. Later on, when I have the funds for another tank, I'd like a large aquarium with a big school of the chilies.

There's lots to think about. I think that, for now, I'd rather get less fish and keep the filter that I have. I can always upgrade later (or get another, bigger tank!).

I had not really thought about the shrimp breeding, silly me! I agree that I should start with a lower number. Do you think the tetras and cories will eat the fry?

I looked up the scarlet badis. Very pretty fish. I'll have to find out if I can order them from my LFS. I'm a bit concerned about them being a little too high maintenance. I'm a beginner. Lol!

I debated about getting chili raspboras and i do find them absolutely beautiful, but I really have a soft spot for tetras. Later on, when I have the funds for another tank, I'd like a large aquarium with a big school of the chilies.

Yes the baby cherrys could be eaten but not the adults i would move the babys into a small 2.5g betta tank you can get at petco/petsmart for 13$.

The cories wount eat the babys though its the tetras you should be worried about.

I've got a 1.5g with two shrimp in it now. I could use that for the babies.

How do you catch them?? Lol

I've got a 1.5g with two shrimp in it now. I could use that for the babies.

How do you catch them?? Lol

With a net but it may be hard ive never had shrimp so i guess that would work. Lol im about to get 2 bamboo shrimp for my 20g long

Back
Top Bottom