Stocking ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Clownfish2004

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I a Gavin and I have a 14 gallon bio-cube reef but am taking it down and setting up a freshwater.I have an idea of what I want to have but I am open minded.If you have a stocking suggestion give me the name or names and some details about them.:thanks:

What types of fish do you like? How much fishkeeping experience do you have? Planted or no plants? Gravel or sand? Sorry for not answering your question, but if you answer at least some of those it will help a lot.

What types of fish do you like? How much fishkeeping experience do you have? Planted or no plants? Gravel or sand? Sorry for not answering your question, but if you answer at least some of those it will help a lot.

I am going to do fake plants with a 2 inch or so gravel bed with larger stones for contrast.I am going to pick up some wood for decor and I was thinking of maybe getting a few pea puffers.:fish2:

The only fish I have heard of that will work with pea puffers are otocinclus, although you could also try some African dwarf frogs...

Thanks.I have heard that ghost shrimp work well to.I was thinking of picking up a few ghost shrimp.I probably will get one or two dwarfs depending on how much I et for the reef equipment I have.:thanks:

Maybe some ember tetras or other active species with the puffers too. A lot of people succeed with schoolers in their puffer tanks

I don't think puffers would do well with ghost shrimp. They eat invertebrates...

I don't think GS will work with dwarf puffers. You should add at least a bit of live plants to the tank...maybe cabomba or Java moss would be almost as easy to care for as plastic plants, duckweed propagates like crazy in almost any aquarium!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom