Stocking ideas for 40 long?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelseytingler

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I've got a 40 long cycling right now with a clown pleco only. I was thinking possibly angels or other cichlids, I have only kept blood parrots though so I don't know a lot about others compatibility, anyway, any opinions on how to stock this? How many angels would work best? Thanks guys

Well, sort of. It's only if there's a very sudden and dramatic change. You want a soft, slightly acidic tank, near 78 degrees. You'll probably want lots of decor and plants if you have more than one.

Apistogramma cacatuoides would be nice. They can be expensive but are fairly hardy. The males are beautiful.

You could do an angelfish community of about 4 angels, or 2-3 angels with some tetras of some sort for color.

Well, sort of. It's only if there's a very sudden and dramatic change. You want a soft, slightly acidic tank, near 78 degrees. You'll probably want lots of decor and plants if you have more than one.
they're proving to be some if the more tricky breeds for sure.. Poll the site, even some if the most experienced keepers have trouble with them.. In a new tank?? Come on.. 80-81deg is recommended and apparently is does make a big difference.. Op- that 40 long would make a great community tank! I'll always recommend some apisto cac's! They're great little fish! Pretty hardy too. You could do a pair than a couple schools of smaller fish like tetras or barbs..

Back
Top Bottom