Stocking ideas needed!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SushiRoll

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 2 ten gallons that I was wondering what I could do with them. I seeded them using my 29 gallon and so all levels are good. I already have a betta in one of them and a guppy and 5 Apple snails in the other I also have 4 guppy fry but I was thinking about getting rid of all the guppies and doing something different in there and I was wondering could I put something anything else in with the betta?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

With the betta you could do like 5 or 6 furcata rainbows but that would probably be pushing it.

In the guppy tank get a ton of plants and then get like 3 dwarf pufferfish they're so tiny and cute! Do research on them though as their care is a bit different from regular fish.

Bettas are very hit-and-miss with tankmates. Some play nicely with other fish, others will try to kill everything that moves. If you do try to add something with the betta, be sure to have a backup plan. You could do a test run by adding the guppy to the betta tank, and seeing how the betta reacts.

With the betta you could do like 5 or 6 furcata rainbows but that would probably be pushing it.

In the guppy tank get a ton of plants and then get like 3 dwarf pufferfish they're so tiny and cute! Do research on them though as their care is a bit different from regular fish.

I wouldn't recommend Furcata rainbows in a 10g, as they are extremely active and get fairly large (compared to some of the smaller rainbow species). Also, dwarf puffers are best kept in species-only tanks as they are very aggressive to other tankmates. They are fun fish, but would probably kill the guppies.

I LOVE the little puffers and the furcatas!!! They're so cute ? but where do I get them I've never heard of either of them.

Yeah I can totally do a puffer only tank and yeah I could test the betta but I'm pretty sure he would kill everything because he flares at me when I feed him. It was just wishful thinking cause he's like 4 inches long in an 18 inch long tank ?

If your LFS doesn't have dwarf puffers, I'd recommend looking at wet spot - that's where I got mine. Be sure to do your research though - as Pseudomugil said, their needs are a bit different than most fish.

My computer won't let me ? do know of anywhere else? Also what do you recommend to feed them?

Back
Top Bottom