stocking question..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbrkid11

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok.. i currently have the 29 gallon tank..
im thinking about moving the 2 goldfish back into the 10 gallon tank and srating a really good solid 29 gallon tank..

ill keep the 3 danios and the chinese algea eater in the 29 gallon tank.
i figure that my fiance wants to get into aquariums and learn so ill leave her in charge of the 10 gallon tank with the 2 goldfish and ill teach her all the stuff that i know..

so my question is about stocking.
my 29 gallon tank will allready have the 3 danios and 1 algea eater.
i was thinking about adding a pleco or 2, 3-4 more danios, clown loach or 2, and something with some color.

im just wondering if this a good start that would balance the tank well.. if now what should i add? what combos should i use?

the def's are gonna be
3 danios
1 chinese algea eater.
that is because i allready have these fish.
i just dont want to go buy some fish and kill them because my balance is way off.

Just my 2 cents. Putting the goldfish back to the 29 gal is not a good idea. The 29 gal is much better for goldies, who need a minumum of 10-20 gals per fish. I'd leave the goldies where they are and get another tank that you can afford or leave the tanks the way they are.

see... this is why im here asking questions..

thanks.. any more input from people??

I agree...but first...what kind of goldies? as if you bought feeder..they are prob. commet and they get huge...

im not sure exactly what kind of goldie they are..

they are white and orange colored.. they were like $3.50 when i got them.. so they are not those 25cent gold fish.. as for their saise.. the are abot 3 inches long including all fins too.

1000811cq2.jpg

Goldfish shot
1000810qo2.jpg

there ya go.. i have no idea what kind they are.

yep, those a fancy..and the 29gall would be 100% fine for just the 2 of them, as its usually 20 gallons for the first fancy, then 10 gallons for every next fancy..so that is just fine for just the 2 goldies :wink:

Yeah i would leave the fancies in the 29G and get something else for the rest of the fish.

Also from what you have and what you want to add I think the 29G would be too small.

The clown loaches can get upto 12" long and the plecos can make the clowns look small!

If you want all the fish you mentioned plus the ones you have you'll need much bigger than the 29G.

Back
Top Bottom