tank background

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jagwa

Aquarium Advice Regular
i recently bought one of those laminated cardboard type backgrounds. Those ones with the pictures of plants and rocks on them. does anybody know how to get them to stick to the back of the tank properly?? there are always dark patches where air has been trapped between the glass and the background. iv tried to put oil on it but it doesnt really work that well. maybe im not putting enough on. please help. :confused:

I have never had luck with getting those on right. I use material now from the bargain bin. lol Works great. Cheep and you can just throw in the wash if you get it wet or dirty.

Last edited:
Use a credit card (or similar card) as a squeegee and force the air out from between the background and the glass.

I use the oil & squeegee trick also ... works like a charm. You do need a fair bit of oil, enough to form a nice film that when you squeegee the back some oil ooze out the edge <have paper towels ready!>

Back
Top Bottom