Tank Size For Following Fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

antmantis1

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
The minimum tank size for these fish please.

Cory Catfish
Pictus Catfish

Also any catfish smaller than 5 inches.
Any shark smaller than 5 inches.
Please help its for a good cause.

Fishkeeper26 said:
It still depends, are you looking at all fish under 5 inches?

Yes actually. Looking for something attractive that will stay small and be hardy. I understand tetra barbs and other things like that but I'm looking for something different. Hoop invents and no frogs. Must be fish under 5 inches.

Fishkeeper26 said:

Sorry nooo inverts. No shrimp or frogs something different and cooler.

Fishkeeper26 said:

Also dwarf cories would be great they stay relative small right.

I think tank size depends upon more than just the size of the fish. For example, Pictus Catfish grow to about 6" and technically they can fit in almost any tank, but they should be in a minimum 55 gal tank. Neon Tetras are very small and technically they can fit anywhere, but given that they are very active swimmers they ideally would be kept in a 20 gal long minimum.

I think tank size depends upon more than just the size of the fish. For example, Pictus Catfish grow to about 6" and technically they can fit in almost any tank, but they should be in a minimum 55 gal tank. Neon Tetras are very small and technically they can fit anywhere, but given that they are very active swimmers they ideally would be kept in a 20 gal long minimum.

Neon tetras can also fit in the mouth of a full grown pictus XD. I'd say 55 gallon is a good number to start out with. Instead of doing Neons I suggest some of the larger tetras such as the ever so slightly larger cardinal, lemons, rummynoses and friends.

As for sharks, I wouldn't personally put any shark in a tank smaller than 75 gallons. That comes from my own experience.

Back
Top Bottom