tank size to my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is roughly 150 gallons....much better. :) You will have to wait and watch the fish I think to see what your results will be. They may be fine for months and then one day the spit hits the fan....I don't have enough exp raising those kinds of cichlids to advise but I think you are on the right track with building the bigger tank. :)

I have one faintail, one redcap oranda, and one calico goldfish in a 30g tank and I think the tank is too small for them.. no offense but if i were your fish id probably be jumping for the carpet in hopes of a better life until you got the 150.. just my 2 cents

its all funny because they shoul together and my black oscar is boss but then again i have raised them since they were babies with other fish but then decided to take the plunge and go only cichlids

what do cichlids like best as in terms or gravel or sand, i am looking to make a fake rock background if any one has any tips on that plan

I have one faintail, one redcap oranda, and one calico goldfish in a 30g tank and I think the tank is too small for them.. no offense but if i were your fish id probably be jumping for the carpet in hopes of a better life until you got the 150.. just my 2 cents
ie know but does it look like my fish actually need more room in that tank

ie know but does it look like my fish actually need more room in that tank

i like your tank & stand setup, it is a great looking tank (the silver on silver) but Since fish are not able to speak for themselves, Ill do the talking for them and say yes they do like they would be much more content in a larger tank.. especially when your cichlids grow and youll be asking if you can have some water with that fish.. there are specially designed substrates out there specifically for cichlids

well i hope to be buying a bigger house after january when the market has crashed a bit more then ill have room to set up my 600l tank that is being built at the moment

good news my new tank is due for delivery its a bullet in shape, all other fish bar mubama are gone oscars rip (took into shop and they died out of loneless)

got tanks for sale at low decent prices if anyone is intersted

The tank is shaped like a bullet? As in a cylinder with a cone top? How tall is this thing? Not so sure if round tanks are the ideal as fish would much rather swim horizontal rather than vertical.. dont think very many fish even swim vertical.. should be neat to see tho. Well all be waiting for pics asap :cool:

-davE

no...
its flat bottom metre and half long by half metre wide the end is shaped like a bullet 45 gallons in total, will be adding pics as soon as it is set up cos im gonna take my time with it

just looking for some advise, as i have explained i have a bullet shaped tank, i purchased 40 k of sand, what i am looking for is some advice on what i could do. oblivisouly as it is a 2 sided viewable tank so if some one would kindly send me some pictures of how they have set there two sided tank up (it is for african cichlids) oh and it will be running of a haidrium canister filter.

all my african cichlids are left oscars died in the shop 3 days after giving them beck no fish have died in my tank, the new tank is to mimic lake maiwli

im looking for ideas

a 29gallon isnt big enough for 1 oscar much less all those other fish heres how you should stock your tank 1 inch of fish (at max size) per gallon of water unless you have most of the same type of fish and if you keep live bearers watch out for babies they breed a ton 1 time a month. Chilidids need more water than most fish Type in "fish store" at google home page go under the live aqua 1st one under search. they tell you a good tank size for your fish and your fish max size. good luck.

if you read the thread ive got a 45gallon no oscars no parrots just mawli cichlids, and 2 jewles

crap, they have only just moved to this its a day old, my pheory is im now after 7 tanks, 50 layouts happy, and ive decided that every time a fish gets bigger i will sell it back to the shop and buy a inch to two inches of the same breed otherwise ill end up with a couch size tank going through the floor
its 50gal bullett

contains
13 x mixed mailwi
2 x jewles pair
2 x plecos
2 x convicts pair and their fry
2 x pink severums pair
2 x cribs pair
2 x plecitas
1 x green terror (he isnt that bad)
1 x japs upside down catfish

Last edited: