tank size to my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i aprecite all of your advice in this matter, another silly question to you experts judging by my picture and the video how many malawi should i stock this tank with bare in mind that
the pair of jewles
the large malawi
and possibly the kribs will be going as i personally think the top 2 are to big for my little ones to get along with and also the kribs are so borring
sorry about spelling its like 1 over here

oh and my pheory is to exchange the fish once they get over 4 inches each and start again with babies other wise ill have a 300 gallon tank going through the floor

another silly question will my convict eat her fry eventually or will she continue to protect them till there quite big

the reason i am asking this is because all you get on the web is that they are very protective, like at first mummy and daddy were fully protective then mummy kicked him out i think because he was eating them and now she stays with them on her own

she may or may not eat the fry matters how she feels. the best thing to do is put the fry in a seperate tank/get a divider/or get a net breeder.

its the filter but its going again,bought some new fish yesterday look great, i mean bloody beautifull will be updating pictures on them shortly,

im gonna need help naming some of my fish because on the web they have so many different names and if possible not in there latin names, only i wish to make a reference book for my self so i can inform friends what type of fish they are .

Last edited:
im awaiting on my frontosa 1-1.5" should be arriving tomorrow cant wait

how comes my electric yellow got black lines running through him
2907658683_de34103eaa_m.jpg

not sure maybee hes just reaching maturity and gets black stripes or maybe he has just became the dominate male and want to ward off other males with his stripes he might even just want to breed and thats a sign to the female sorry dont know about that one sorry.

the frontosa nah check saturday, cant wait ive recorded the tank to get my fish named i tell you how on earth they expect people to know there own fish if all they sell them as is mailwis? i never know, the only problem is that ive lost my camera to laptop cable drat,

am i the only person with pink severums, only i never can find any info on them like what size they will start mating at?

just another question: will diferent breeds of mailwi breed between each other i.e cross breed

oh and from my earlier vid i put on facebook can any one tell me for definet that my jewles are male and female , only when i introduced the slightly paler one to the tank they were rounding each other up mouth fighting now they get along just fine, the more redish one is slightly squarer ie humpish above his head

thank you guys your great

Last edited:
the frontosa nah check saturday, cant wait ive recorded the tank to get my fish named i tell you how on earth they expect people to know there own fish if all they sell them as is mailwis? i never know, the only problem is that ive lost my camera to laptop cable drat,
darn it.
am i the only person with pink severums, only i never can find any info on them like what size they will start mating at?
try typing in "pink severums sexual maturity" under google hom page.
just another question: will diferent breeds of mailwi breed between each other i.e cross breed
it matters their species and type i highly doubt it though it would be pretty rare unless its like a gold ram mixing with a blue ram that could happen.
oh and from my earlier vid i put on facebook can any one tell me for definet that my jewles are male and female , only when i introduced the slightly paler one to the tank they were rounding each other up mouth fighting now they get along just fine, the more redish one is slightly squarer ie humpish above his head
if the one is slightly paler it is probably a female the males are bolder colored and get larger in size.

Back
Top Bottom