Tetra w/ tiger barbs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

camluckey55g

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm about to put an electric green tetra that was in my 10 into my 55g with 4 tiger barbs will this work out

Attachments

• image-2803254267.jpg
    image-2803254267.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 69
Tetras and Tiger Barbs

I'm about to put an electric green tetra that was in my 10 into my 55g with 4 tiger barbs will this work out

Hello cam...

I've kept Tetras and they're small, very peaceful fish. I've never kept Barbs, but from what I've read, these fish are aggressive. I wouldn't put the two species into the same tank.

B

I have tiger barbs and tetras and I dont suggest putting them together, tiger barbs are agressive and always chase away my tetras.

If you'd like this to work, get more barbs. Right now, with the amount you have, they will be too bored to ignore the tetra once it goes in. My group of 8 is really inquisitive so no matter what fish I put in, they have their go at it for the first day. The next day however, the barbs completely ignore the new fish and go about their business. It can work, I have tetras with my tiger barbs and they're completely fine.

The glow tetra is a variant of the black tetra and this species can also be aggressive so it should be able to stand a chance against the barbs but you need a school of at least 6-10 barbs total.

I have 6 Cherry Barbs and 5 Diamond Tetras in my 55 gallon and they get along, but Cherry barbs are some of the most peaceful barbs and I also made sure to do a 2 to 1 ratio of females to males on the barbs.

Back
Top Bottom