Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Remember the 1 inch per gallon rule. Neon tetras grow to about 1 1/2 inch long, so I would have maybe 4 max. I wouldn't put male betas with other fish.

Bad rule to use. Very outdated. An example why its a bad rule. Black ghost knife fish grows to 20inches. A 20 gallon tank enough then is it?

Remember the 1 inch per gallon rule. Neon tetras grow to about 1 1/2 inch long, so I would have maybe 4 max. I wouldn't put male betas with other fish.
nope, 4 neons in a 5 is bad advice, neons like to swim, a lot, they're not fish that enjoy sitting idle in a 5 gal tank, bettas could care less, cpd's are so small a 5 may as well be a 20, they chill in the plants anyways.. Shrimp.. Well shrimp do shrimps things no matter what they're in! Snails too! Just because a fish is small does not mean it can thrive in a small tank, I'm not trying to start a 1" per gal thing here either, i may not be an expert in anything fish but I def do my research before I make any moves nowadays, OP google specific fish profiles, there's a lot to be learned there!

nope, 4 neons in a 5 is bad advice, neons like to swim, a lot, they're not fish that enjoy sitting idle in a 5 gal tank, bettas could care less, cpd's are so small a 5 may as well be a 20, they chill in the plants anyways.. Shrimp.. Well shrimp do shrimps things no matter what they're in! Snails too! Just because a fish is small does not mean it can thrive in a small tank, I'm not trying to start a 1" per gal thing here either, i may not be an expert in anything fish but I def do my research before I make any moves nowadays, OP google specific fish profiles, there's a lot to be learned there!

Well said! +1 ? wish i could be as diplomatic lol

you should try using a stocking calculator. It would help you tons and takes into account the size of your tank, type of filter, activity and size of the fish, etc. Until you become very knowledgeable about fish they are a great guide. Try the link below for Aqadvisor

Personally I have a male betta and 2 nickle sized snails in a 5 gallon and I would not put anything else in there. I also have neons in a ten gallon, and because of their temperment I would not put them in anything smaller. And danios are SUPER active even though they are small I'd say a 20gallon long minimum for them. They are little espresso beans, sooo active!

Back
Top Bottom