tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DetroitRockCity

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am trying to decide which kind of tetras i want to get. I want two different schools. I really like bleeding heart tetras. Any ideas????

Lemon, black phantom or rosy tetras could work as well.
Make sure not to get a pleco that will get too large. Common plecos will get too big for a 55g. Bristlenose and rubberlip plecos only get to about 4" and would be just fine.

If you can't find lemon tetras, gold pristellas look pretty similar and are very peaceful fish. Glowlights are pretty, and green fire tetras are cool if you're looking for something less common.

We got our fish on Sunday. We started with...

7 Bleeding Heart Tetras
7 Gold Pristella Tetras
1 Rubbernose Pleco
3 little silver dollars ( we have a plan for when they get bigger )
2 snails

Thanks !!!!!!!

We used Bio-Spira on the tank and so far so good. 4 days in and still no traces of ammonia, nitrates are also looking good. We will also post some pics here soon.

Can you cycle a tank that fast with anything? If so, I should have done mine that way, I threw in six rasboras and waited a month for everything to cycle. The fish made it and are doing great, I just didn't know this was possible.

yes, the bio-spira does work as claimed, and can fully cycle a tank in a couple of days. I used it on my 75g and it worked like a charm!

Back
Top Bottom