The Sixty Gallon Build :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The angels arrived. I was scared crapless because the box was sitting on the doorstep SOAKED to the bone! It was just basically mush. So I was thinking oh god, gotta get the camera out. Opened the box up, one bag broke, but there was enough water for the fish to thrive. The other bag was full. To sum it up, all fish are alive! Theyre acclimating now.

I hated kordon breather bags before my order, and I hate them even more now. Theyre soo thin and break super easily.

The angels arrived. I was scared crapless because the box was sitting on the doorstep SOAKED to the bone! It was just basically mush. So I was thinking oh god, gotta get the camera out. Opened the box up, one bag broke, but there was enough water for the fish to thrive. The other bag was full. To sum it up, all fish are alive! Theyre acclimating now.

I hated kordon breather bags before my order, and I hate them even more now. Theyre soo thin and break super easily.

I thought that usually the Kordon bag was put inside of another bad because of the thinness? at least that would make sense to me...:fish1:

I thought that usually the Kordon bag was put inside of another bad because of the thinness? at least that would make sense to me...:fish1:
Yeah, thats what I thought he would do. But I have them in now. Its weird seeing all kinds of angels all over! Some are large, and others are smaller, he gave me 9 by accident instead of 8. I really have no clue what I will do with most of them, I wanted to ship, but I dunno because my parents wont let me right now

Pics soon- when the light goes on

Yeah, thats what I thought he would do. But I have them in now. Its weird seeing all kinds of angels all over! Some are large, and others are smaller, he gave me 9 by accident instead of 8. I really have no clue what I will do with most of them, I wanted to ship, but I dunno because my parents wont let me right now

Pics soon- when the light goes on
IME, angels are something that most lfs will take in exchange for credit, especially if they have a bit of size on them. Get some pictures when you can. :)

maybe I will do that, but the only lfs that I used to like, I don't like anymore because I got ick from them twice lol. I'll find some place, but it doesn't look like I'll be shipping them :(

Of course, with my luck, the same guy posted an 8pk of blue smokies, the ones I wanted all along. But, these are real nice too :) heres some pics, they arent too great, but you get the jist. I should crack out the nice camera soon.
I think this is one of the larger ones.
k3kxg2.jpg

also a larger one.
swrep5.jpg

group shot of some
2gvnedf.jpg

I'll get some better pics tomorrow, when they're more acclimated and stuff.
The camera has a tendancy to make things look yellow, I think its the lighting in the room.

Enrique is stressed again, and I think all the fish are acting differently lol. Its like invasion of the angels!

heres a pic that the seller had, since mine are pretty bad :D
2utp375.png

They look great! Hopefully you get them to pair up without too much trouble. I can definitely see some size differences while looking at your pictures. Keep am eye on the smaller ones especially for ripped fins or missing scales or anything. They should all be fine for awhile though. :)

absolutangel04 said:
They look great! Hopefully you get them to pair up without too much trouble. I can definitely see some size differences while looking at your pictures. Keep am eye on the smaller ones especially for ripped fins or missing scales or anything. They should all be fine for awhile though. :)

Yeah, I hope so! I'm thinking when I decide to move some out, the bigger ones are the first to go. Unless of course, one of the three bigger ones decides to pair up with another, then I'll keep those. Man, it really sucks I gotta sell some of these. I'm noticing the small guys stay together and the larger ones stay together. I was not expecting some big ones like thatz

How would I know if they paired up, and how do they pair up?

I am not totally sure how to describe it other than to say that they will spend all their time together. Also, they will tend to be aggressive to others besides themselves. I am pretty sure you will know when they pair, especially since you see how they are acting now when they all like each other. Lol.

absolutangel04 said:
I am not totally sure how to describe it other than to say that they will spend all their time together. Also, they will tend to be aggressive to others besides themselves. I am pretty sure you will know when they pair, especially since you see how they are acting now when they all like each other. Lol.

Okay lol. I hope I get a pair eventually. Do you think a pair of angels wil be too aggressive for a community tank.

I'm gonna list all the fish I got in there if it helps
6 kuhli loaches
Various Kerri and rummynose tetras-not many left
Apisto
Gbr
4 platies
4 rainbows
I feel like I'm missing something, but I think that's it

No, I think it will be fine with that stock, especially since they would be the only breeding pair of anything in your tank.
Also, I remember your tank is planted and that helps out with territorial issues too. :)

absolutangel04 said:
No, I think it will be fine with that stock, especially since they would be the only breeding pair of anything in your tank.
Also, I remember your tank is planted and that helps out with territorial issues too. :)

Yay! Now I only have to give up 7! Thanks so much :)

Absoluteangel, Do you think there will be aggression issues between the Apisto and Angel(s) considering both are highly territorial?

Edit: the reason i ask is cause i have considered getting an angel myself (was gonna get one of George's but we'll play it by ear now ;-) )

Last edited:
skywhitney said:
Absoluteangel, Do you think there will be aggression issues between the Apisto and Angel(s) considering both are highly territorial?

Edit: the reason i ask is cause i have considered getting an angel myself (was gonna get one of George's but we'll play it by ear now ;-) )

I'm sure they'll let be ship one box out no problem, just gotta ask. You said you weren't ready for a little while though right?

I need to go to the lfs or petsmart to steal a few bags :p

I got some better pics with the good camera! They still arent crystal clear, but better lol

68zuhy.jpg

zvwzls.jpg

The indica appears to be dying or something too! ugh

vg0heg.jpg

The pictures look great!
To answer your question, it should be ok with the angels and the apisto. They are both territorial when breeding, but he only has 1 apisto. I have known of these species getting along while both are breeding too because they inhabit different areas of the tank. Of course, with territorial fish in particular, there are never guarantees. Fewer breeding fish in a tank means less opportunity for them to get aggressive about it. Also, George knows to keep an eye on everybody and keep an eye out for any sort of issues that could develop. :)

George9 said:
I'm sure they'll let be ship one box out no problem, just gotta ask. You said you weren't ready for a little while though right?

I need to go to the lfs or petsmart to steal a few bags :p
Oh ok, that sounds good. Yeah it'll be a little while.

Lol thats what i do :) or i just ask my other lfs and they give me 15-20 if they have extras.

absolutangel04 said:
The pictures look great!
To answer your question, it should be ok with the angels and the apisto. They are both territorial when breeding, but he only has 1 apisto. I have known of these species getting along while both are breeding too because they inhabit different areas of the tank. Of course, with territorial fish in particular, there are never guarantees. Fewer breeding fish in a tank means less opportunity for them to get aggressive about it. Also, George knows to keep an eye on everybody and keep an eye out for any sort of issues that could develop. :)

i by no means doubted that he knows what to look out for :). I was asking because George and i have some similar stocking and i might buy one of the angels from him. :)

skywhitney said:
Oh ok, that sounds good. Yeah it'll be a little while.

Lol thats what i do :) or i just ask my other lfs and they give me 15-20 if they have extras.

i by no means doubted that he knows what to look out for :). I was asking because George and i have some similar stocking and i might buy one of the angels from him. :)

Yeah, my lfs has this shelf of different sizes, when no one is looking I'll snatch a few haha

Those angels are just so personable. Very active and love to follow my finger on the glass. It'll be cool to see an angel I had go across the country and live in your tank. It's like flat Stanley!*

Do you have any clue what the heck is wrong with me and the rotala? I can't figure out what the problem is. Except that the plants are too close together, that's why it looks brownish some places. But I can't complain about the growth because you can see the little green leaves growing off the top.

*you know, where you get that little paper guy and take him all over the country and take pictures of him at different landmarks?

George9 said:
I got some better pics with the good camera! They still arent crystal clear, but better lol

The indica appears to be dying or something too! ugh

They look awesome! I really like that peach colored one :). Nice buy man.

that looks like a lighting issue to me. The leaves seem to be kinda droopy, i know that my Rotundifolia (which yours looks like to me, instead of indica) stretches the leaves up towards the light but gets droopy if it get shaded. I attached a pic as reference.

Attachments

• image-3905202123.jpg
    image-3905202123.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 51
skywhitney said:
They look awesome! I really like that peach colored one :). Nice buy man.

that looks like a lighting issue to me. The leaves seem to be kinda droopy, i know that my Rotundifolia (which yours looks like to me, instead of indica) stretches the leaves up towards the light but gets droopy if it get shaded. I attached a pic as reference.

Wow, yours looks soo good! Yeah, I honestly don't know what mine is. The leaves look different than indica, and a little different than yours imo

Ahh, I was considering upgrading my lighting. That's what I thought it would be. Not enough light getting down to the bottom. So, do you think i should go with a 3 bulb 164 watt or a 4 bulb 204 ish watt?

George9 said:
Yeah, my lfs has this shelf of different sizes, when no one is looking I'll snatch a few haha

Those angels are just so personable. Very active and love to follow my finger on the glass. It'll be cool to see an angel I had go across the country and live in your tank. It's like flat Stanley!*

Do you have any clue what the heck is wrong with me and the rotala? I can't figure out what the problem is. Except that the plants are too close together, that's why it looks brownish some places. But I can't complain about the growth because you can see the little green leaves growing off the top.

*you know, where you get that little paper guy and take him all over the country and take pictures of him at different landmarks?

Lol i had no idea what flat stanley was until i saw the footnote :)

Are any of your otherplants showing any signs of deficiencies?

Back
Top Bottom