Thinking of getting a 75 - Stocking suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suds1421

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Clean slate guys...

I currently have two 10 gallon tanks running for about 6 months. One is my "daughters" and houses platys, the other is at work and houses two crayfish.

Anyway, I have a line on a cheap 75 gallon tank that I know is leak proof (saw it full of water) and comes with dual emperor 400 filters, cover and two bulb 48" lights.

In trying to figure out if I want to get it, I am trying to decide what to put in it :)

So here's where you come in, what would you do with a blank slate 75 gallon freshwater tank?

Holy cow, you could put 40 of them in a 75 :)

I had thoughts of getting the different livebearers and getting a bunch of colors etc... :)

Thanks for the ideas, keep them coming :) Keep in mind that I am a novice, I have kept tanks for about 6 months, cycled them, etc so any fish suggested should be somewhat hardy...

I am familiar with water changes, etc...

all this, but no one asked what you thinking of. Colors, size, shape? You have to have some kind of idea as to where you want to go!

I would like an active tank so possibly fast schooling fish or possibly a specimen fish?

Budget is an issue so I'll be getting fish slowly...

Neons are a great shoaling fish and so are rummynoses. My faverourite tetra is the Glowlight they are beautiful little orange fish that have a metaltic strip of orange going through their bodies.
Adding activity is easy. Put fish in there that are active!

I have been looking at some Cichlid fish and they certainly are colorful!! How hard are they to keep? Can I put other fish with them?

Mbunas is the way to go, all you need is some river rocks, playsand, and ammonia to cycle the tank. So many colors! I have 20 fishes in my 55 gallon, and I love watching them, it's hypnotic :)

Back
Top Bottom