Two questions...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snipes287

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
first, the room im putting the tank in has a few thousand dollars worth of stereo equipment, so my question is, will the fish do ok if I blast the music every now and again?

Secondly...anyone know of a good QUIET air pump to pump a 48" wand or two 24"s?

Fish will survive music blasting, but they will be stressed by this and will be scared. Too much stress can lead to death

ok, ya thats what I thought. just wanted to make sure my sub wont vibrate them to death or something. It will be playing a few hours a day but only blasting an hour or two a week.

The entire width of the tank is 48" which will create havoc with your filter (air bubbles getting into the intake). I would go with two 12", which will look fantastic and not cause a problem.

I have that airpump on my 10 gal and 5 gal tanks (well not that EXACT pump, but the smaller version) and the only time I can hear it is if something falls against it, making a vibrating sound. But all airpumps do that. Airpumps in general aren't really all that expensive, so this one isn't a cheapy one. Actually, I bought it at the lfs and it was almost twice that amount of Big Al's pricing.

you've got a huge stereo to blair and you are concerned about a little air pump being noisy...... I doubt you'll hear it over your music...... Just an observation and not meant to be taken too seriously.....

yea but it is in my bedroom... and although I previously had a mini fountain in my room I enjoy a lilttle noise when I sleep...so I don't want anything tooo loud

snipes287 said:
first, the room im putting the tank in has a few thousand dollars worth of stereo equipment, so my question is, will the fish do ok if I blast the music every now and again?

Secondly...anyone know of a good QUIET air pump to pump a 48" wand or two 24"s?

ok, just wanted to comment on the oxymoron here " will the fish do ok if i blast music?".... "anyone know a good QUIET air pump"

:lol:

Another idea, when you are blasting music is to each time place a dark cloth/blanket over the tank. This will reduce the stress and gives the fish time to prepare for the music as they will learn to associate blanket with music.

Back
Top Bottom